Powered by Blogger.
- Chandigarh Zoo Pictures
- UNHALLOWING THE HAPLESS DIVINITY (Poetry)
- Reingamphi Awungshi's Murder (The Racist India)
- Understanding The Tourism Barriers
- Understanding Travel and Tourism (Part I)
- A Look Into Two Types Of Men
- Ganja Legalization in India - Manipur grows the best quality Marijuana
- Rock Garden, Chandigarh
- Get that Supermodel look with Chewing Gum!
- Kala Ghoda Arts Festival (Mumbai, India)
Sunday, October 20
The Peregrine Falcon is the fastest bird in the world and is known for its amazing speed and agility. They are sometimes called as Duck Hawk and are known to perform steep dives at incredible speeds and catch prey mid-air.
|Fastest Bird - 'The Peregrine Falcon'|
- These birds can reach up to 322 kph (242 mph) : National Geographic Source
- They have strong talons and hooked beaks with amazing aerodynamic body build.
- They feed other birds. Their amazing speed chases other birds and tires them. Apart from only birds they also feed on reptiles, insects, rabbits, fishes and even rodents.
|Six Yellow Bananas|
We all know bananas, maybe you like to eat them directly or mix them with milk for a shake. Banana slices can be also dehydrated and made into chips. Well there are also many other interesting facts about bananas. Some of them are:
- Banana contains lots of calories and so gives lots of energy
- Contains anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals. Banana contains dietary soluble fiber that helps in digestion and constipation.
- Potassium and magnesium in the bananas helps in keeping the blood pressure in check and keep strong bones.
|Woman Brushing Teeth|
Whiter teeth always look better and attractive as well. White teeth give us confidence, and also is also a sign of good dental hygiene. If you have stained or yellow teeth and consider whitening here are a few tips that will help you.
1. Brush your teeth regularly and do floss.
Brushing helps in removing stains from your teeth on a regular basis. Floss so as to prevent you from having bad breath and oral hygiene reasons.
2. You may use a little baking soda and mix it with water and salt to make a paste. Brush your teeth with it. Remember the quantity should be very little, or your gums may suffer irritation.
3. Hydrogen peroxide may be used like a mouth wash. It’s bleaching properties and antiseptic properties works well on the teeth. You may mix equal parts of it with water and use it like mouthwash. Do not swallow. Use of hydrogen peroxide is completely safe and dentists recommend it.
Lightning looks really beautiful but it is one deadly natural phenomenon that is said to claim more than 24,000 lives every year and about 240,000 injured every year around the globe. Such high voltage energy is enough to burn, injure or kill a person instantly. The chance of survival from lighting is relatively low if lightning strikes directly over a person. These deadly thunder strikes can be prevented if taken a few precautions; thereby saving the life of yourself or helping others around you.
|Lightning in Arlington (Source: Wikimedia Commons)|
Follow these quick tips once you see a really bad weather or thunderstorms around.
1. Don't be out on the open. They can hit you from any angle. Run for shelter. Exposing yourself out on the rain can be deadly. Run towards a closed building, or anything that can prevent you from a strike. If you see a building that is lightning proof, go for it.
2. Do not stay in water. Try to stay out of water or nearby water. Wear rubber boots.
His Mother threw him away with the crib
Into the darkness, amidst the woods.
Abandoned and deserted for eternity
The wind was cold, the wolves were on patrol
The hungry child only cried and cried.
How the poor child longed for his mother's milk,
|Watching the Sunset ( A demented man)|
Before his eyes could open to the world,
He already had lost everything.
As nigritude passed and in the next morn,
He lay motionless inside the crib.
Maybe he is sleeping,
Or is he dead?
Out of nowhere his mother came running,
Towards the abandoned child.
Picking up the child from the crib
She murmured a word or two,
Sounded like the words of an apology.
And put the baby into the crib again.
There are about 300 identified squids spread around the world. These amazing creatures have a unique head, the mantle and its eight tentacles. Their tentacles have suckers on them and two of these tentacles are used to capture its prey. Squids also have parrot like beaks.
- Squids are a close relative of the octopus and the cuttlefish
- Smallest squid is Sepiolid squid, less than an inch long.
- Largest squid ever recorded was ‘THE COLOSSAL SQUID’ in the year Feb 2007 caught by a New Zealand Fishing vessel
- They have ink sacs that squirt a black substance when they are being attacked.
- Big Fin Squids have 10 arms while others have only 8
- Squids have big eyes like a basketball.
- Squids normally live deep inside the sea